I am a British documentary director and photographer. My work is socially engaged and focuses on my interests in identity and belonging, sport, migration and youth issues. I have over ten years’ China experience and am particularly interested in shared connections between China and the UK.
I am currently working on Shanghai Blues, a feature documentary about football fans in Shanghai.
+44 (0) 7746713737 UK
+86 183 0193 9270 China
- En la Sangre (In the Blood) 2017. Director, Second Camera. Documentary short about a young boxer and his father in Havana, Cuba. Screened at Mothlight Cinema, Detroit 2018, Short Film Breaks Romania 2018, Liverpool International Film Festival 2018, Manchester Film Festival 2019. View trailer.
Duo Impacto 2017. Camera. Documentary short about drag kings in Havana, Cuba (dir. Molly Harding). Screened at Hidalgo Film Festival, Mexico 2019, Setting Sun Film Festival 2019, Trinidad & Tobago Film Festival 2019, Concordia Film Festival Montreal. View here.
In-Between 2017. Camera. Documentary short about people living in a historical, dilapidated building in Havana, Cuba (dir. Adriana Guiman). Screened at Seattle Transmedia & Independent Film Festival 2018, Aegean Docs International Documentary Film Festival 2018, Oaxaca Film Festival, Mexico 2019
- Near and Far, exhibition of portraits from Chinese Life in Sheffield at Look17, Liverpool International Photo Festival, 2017
- The City as Bricolage, publication with Sheffield Archives and Archive Sheffield, funded by Arts Council of England, 2015
- Photographic illustrations in All that is Solid, Danny Dorling, Allen Lane/Penguin, 2014
- British Council photographic commission ‘On Poplar’, London Festival of Architecture, 2014
- A Break in the Clouds, 2013. Director, camera, editor. Documentary short about hill farmers in the Lake District, shown at Salford Media Festival 2013, University College London 2014, AHRC Connected Communities showcase in Edinburgh 2014
- 游子 Youzi／The Wanderers 2012. Director and photographer of multimedia project working with Chinese international students in Sheffield, UK. Exhibited at The University of Sheffield 2012 and Guilin International Photo Festival, China 2013
- BlowUp! Angkor Street Intervention, Angkor Watt Photo Festival, Cambodia, 2011
- Transition, solo exhibition at Walsall New Art Gallery, 2011
- Missouri Photo Workshop Scholarship, USA, 2009
- Deutsches Architektur Annual, photographic illustrations from Beijing Olympic Games site, Frankfurt, 2008
- Pingyao International Photo Festival group exhibition, China, 2008
- Index On Censorship magazine, photographic contributor 2007-2008
- Inner Mongolia group exhibition, National Art Museum of China, Beijing, 2007
- Chinese Language Programme, Chengdu, China (scholarship from the Great Britain China Centre), 2012
- MA International Photojournalism and Documentary Photography, Dalian Image Art College, China, 2007
- HND Photography, Leeds College of Art and Design
- BA (Hons) Geography, The University of Sheffield